DO IT OLD MAID

Monday, October 10, 2005

The Mathematicians



I saw The Mathematicians play at Radio Cherokee last summer and they blew me away. It was the night before I was to move back home for the summer and I couldn't have spent it in a better way. I had listened to them before and not cared at all, but their live show turned me into a big fan. I bought their CD online a few days later and it's a pretty good time. I was dissapointed that it didn't include more actual songs, (there were a few instrumentals and weird robovoice skit kinda things) but their song "Binary Girl" makes it worth every penny. I've spent many a time driving in my car listening to this on repeat. It's just plain electropop greatness.

The Mathematicians - Binary Girl

- In case you missed it, you can download the new Harvey Danger album Little by Little directly from their website here

- I found a summary of what is going to happen in the trailer for X3 that will be released October 19th (the trailer not the movie) at Just Jared. It looks pretty exciting to me. Here it is:


Scene of Cyclops talking as the Professor lays to his left on a straight glass like table.
-Cyclops: "The Professor has slipped into a deep coma. A virus of some sort has overtaken his body."
-Screen flashes black: A scene of Storm talking to Kitty Pride. Kitty Pride has her hands on her face crying.
-Storm: "Sometimes the decisions we make are the hardest ones to understand, when they cause us pain."
-Screen flashes black again: Scene of Wolverine running through a forest at night. Looking behind him, he leaps towards the camera and grunts
-Screen goes black again: Music begins as a slow background drum with a low base trombone
-Scene of the X men (Cyclops, Beast, Rogue, Kitty Pride, Wolverine, Storm and Iceman) that is viewed from a hovered camera. A flash of orange light hits them and the screen goes black again
-Scene of Pyro and Iceman standing in a cave like structure glaring at each other
-(The background glows a yellowish tint)
-Pyro: "Bobby didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with fire?" (Ignites fire in hand, lights the cave)
-Iceman: "No John, my mother told YOU never to play with fire." (Hovers an ice ball in his hand)
-Screen goes black again: Scene of Cyclops again, this time talking to an off screen character in the X Mansion
-Cyclops: "The last thing I need is you here."
-Off-screen character: "The first thing you need here, is to remember who you are talking to."
-Screen black again: Scene of Colossus jumping in front of Kitty Pride to save her. A punch sends him across the screen
-Kitty Pride Yells, Rouge screams for Iceman
-Black Screen: A Scene with Magneto speaking
-Magneto: "You can not be that foolish to think you can control your powers." He begins to hurl objects off the screen
-Black Screen: Scene of Jean Grey falling to the ground through a tall building, like a wounded bird, head-first
-Black Screen: Shot of Cyclops standing over a recently dug grave. The day is dreary and grey. He has tears in his eyes
-Cyclops: "I never wanted this for us. Please believe me when I say that. I will miss you."
-Black Screen: Close up Shot of Beast
-Beast: "If we fail, we fail all of mutant kind as well."
-Black Screen, Wide Shot: Juggernaut leaping over a ravine, viewed from a side wide out shot
-Fade to Black. Professor X's Voice: "Friends sometimes die. Enemies are reborn."
-Black screen- Screen shows a large X with Wolverine's claws running across it to make a three indent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home