DO IT OLD MAID

Friday, November 25, 2005

Bravo Silva

Sorry for the lack of posts this past week, I've been home for a few days and been busy and whatnot.



Anyways, Bravo Silva is a duo from New York that I recently stumbled upon. I saw them on myspace and thought they were alright so I downloaded their songs and forgot about them. That is until I needed a few extra tracks for a "driving home for Thanksgiving" mix CD and decided to throw their song "Strawberry Blonde" on it. I'm really liking this song and I think the singer sounds a bit like Sting on it. I'm horrible at describing what stuff sounds like so here's what their site says:

"Bravo Silva makes pop rock music that is at once extremely listenable and sonically complex. The songs take a crash course through 80s radio rock melody, singer/songwriter verse, and 70s prog rock theatrics. Lush and textured soundscapes call to mind the arrangements of Blonde Redhead and 10cc, and pop-oriented melodies draw from The Outfield and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers."

So there you go.

Bravo Silva - Strawberry Blonde

They also just released their first full length that you can pick up here for only $9.99.

- thanks to everyone who linked me up and checked out the Belaire tune from my last post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home