DO IT OLD MAID

Sunday, February 04, 2007

sorry

Yeah! I haven't posted in a few weeks. I've been super busy with internship stuff, school, work, and every other excuse I can think of. Here's some tunes I've been listening to a lot lately.

Langhorne Slim - Checking Out
I saw Langhorne Slim open for Murder By Death awhile back and they put on a really good show. I just now got around to listening to them and I remember this song being my favorite out of the live set and it's probably my favorite off the album as well.

Subtle - The Mercury Craze

I'll be seeing these fellows with TV on the Radio soon and if you want to know what they sound like think of TV on the Radio mixed with Gnarls Barkley mixed with...actually I think that might do it.

George Jones - Tall, Tall Trees
I'm an idiot. I always though Alan Jackson did this song first, but no way. George Jones did it way back when and I've always liked this song.


Manchester Orchestra - I Can Barely Breathe

I saw these guys open for Brand New a few months ago and they were dandy. I enjoyed them possibly more than Brand New? Not really, but Brand New was a let down and these guys rocked. This tune has a nice line about flying solo and so high...get it? Yeah it's pretty awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home