DO IT OLD MAID

Saturday, September 03, 2005

eliminate the ninnies and the twits

I went to see the movie Sky High last night and it was actually very enjoyable. Bruce Campbell, Farva, and some people from Mr. Show and Kids in the Hall were all in it, which helped it become a very enjoyable movie about a superhero high school. It was only $2 at the local cheapo theater, that made it that much better. The soundtrack to the film features a bunch of 80s covers and the one that got me the most excited is when Devo's "Through Being Cool" was playing during the movie (covered by They Might Be Giants.) This reminded me of what an awesome song it is, so here it is.

Devo - Through Being Cool





I found out today that through Marvel Character Appearances you can get superheroes and villians to come to your birthday party, hospital bed, or any other kind of special event or occassion and teach you valuable lessons. I think it's a pretty sweet idea and I'd love to have some mutants and such come and hang out with me. If I was rich I'd probably just pay them to come spend a week or two with me. We'd go grocery shopping, watch movies together, have nice dinners, and all kinds of neat stuff. People would be soooo jealous of me and it would be supercool, or they'd just be like "Who's that dude with the other dudes dressed in shitty superhero costumes, and why does the Hulk look like a Dollar General Frankenstein?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home