DO IT OLD MAID

Thursday, September 01, 2005

this town ain't big enough for the both of us

Hello all! This is my first post in what I would like to be a really fun and great experience in my life, my very own mp3/news blog. I plan on posting on news that is of interest to me (mainly entertainment) and many mp3s from my collection including some various rare stuff I have, new artists I come upon, old favorites, and the latest new tunes I can find. I've wanted to do this for awhile, but lacked the proper fast internet connection until now. Thanks for stopping by, I'll try to update daily so keep on coming back. On with the new mp3s! (I'm using yousendit and megaupload for now, so you'll have to just click on the mp3 links and wait a few seconds for it to pop up, it'll be okay)

Remember The Darkness? They were huge as balls for awhile with "I believe in a thing called love" playing everywhere and people flipping out and every magazine on earth worshipping them. Then all of the sudden they dropped off the face of America and the backlash began where everyone hated them. It sucked to be The Darkness around that time and I'm guessing it still does. They replaced their awesome moustached bassist a few months ago and I recently read some comments from singer Justin Hawkins saying how he wanted to quit the band (due to squabbles with his brother/guitarist of the group) and that getting rid of the bassist was only a little of the problem. They're supposedly releasing a new album this fall (last I heard) but things are looking very good for them. In the meantime, Hawkins has started a solo project called
British Whale that has the same kind of Darkness sound, but more of a new wave approach. You can head over to his site and watch the entertaining video for British Whale's first single, a cover of Spark's "This Town Ain't Big Enough for the Both of Us" featuring some nice dartplay. Here's an mp3 of the tune.

British Whale -
This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both of Us


and remember Junior Senior? They had some US success with "Move Your Feet" a few years back, but haven't really been heard of since then. They've got a new album entitled "Hey Hey My My Yo Yo" completed, but it looks like it may not even see a US release (it's currently only available in Japan.) Here's one of the tracks of the album:

Junior Senior - Can I Get Get Get

That's all for now, keep checking back for more excitement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home